Dr Alex Otti Tech Scholarship 2024/2025 application portal has open for all the youths in Abia State. This article will guide you on how to apply and be a part of the beneficiaries.
Do you want to be a part of the beneficiaries of the Dr Alex Otti Tech Scholarship Program 2024? Then read everything in this article and proceed to Dr Alex Otti Tech Scholarship login portal and submit your application.
The Dr Alex Otti Tech Scholarship registration portal open on
December 8, 2023 for Abia State youths for candidates who wish to apply. No application will be accepted after the closing date,
Now before you should Login to Dr Alex Otti Tech Scholarship website, make sure you read everything you need to know about the scholarship. Because it is necessary for you to have sufficient knowledge about what you are applying for.
In celebrating the 58th birthday of a great man, His Excellency Dr. Alex Chioma Otti, and in honor of his commitment to Human Capital Development as the bedrock / foundation for development of any people, MJC Global Services Ltd. & LearnFactory Nigeria are launching the first ever Dr Alex Otti Tech Fellowship (DAOTF) to empower the Abian youth with global 21st century tech skills.
Vision: To prepare the Abian youth as industry ready 21st century tech professionals using rigorous innovative instructor-led-training and on-the-job development through internship placements.
Outcomes: To contribute to the overall goal of reducing unemployment rates prevalent among youth, women, people living with disabilities and out-of-school individuals by equipping them with in-demand tech skills in one of 4 fields:
- Fullstack Development with Python, Django & DRF
- Product Management & UI/UX Design
- Mobile App Development using Flutter & Dart / React Native
Program is in 2 phases:
- Train an initial 100 Abia youth as fullstack, high-tech professionals in 1 of the 4 tracks
- Groom them with soft skills, employability, workplace and entrepreneurship skills to enable them thrive in their areas of interests either as Employees, Freelancers or Entrepreneurs
- Support participants with laptops to help jumpstart their career in IT, become professionals, get jobs and come out of poverty
Provide program graduates with 3 clearly defined pathways:
- Get employment as full-time or part-time tech staff
- Launch tech startups, providing revenue in form of tax and creating jobs for themselves and others
- Become remote outsourcing or freelancing staff; bringing in forex and income through tax
Benefits to Participants
Branded Polos: Each scholar will get a branded polo, with the face of His Excellency, Dr Alex Otti, the logo for the program (Dignity of Labour) and the name of the sponsor (Dr Chimezie Ukaegbu) in front. Behind will be the logo of the technical partner (LearnFactory Nigeria).
Laptops: An optional laptop will be given to beneficiaries, to aid them in their learning journey and also ensure they get maximum benefit from the program.
Soft Skills – Entrepreneurship
- Lean Startup
- Project Ideation
- Minimum Viable Launch
- Product Market Fit
- Agile Project Management
Soft Skills – Character & Personal Development
- Talent, Skill & Expertise
- Failure (Failing Forward)
- Discipline and Sacrifice
Breakfast: To foster concentration and reduce movement during classes, we will provide 1 meal (breakfast) daily for the beneficiaries, for the duration of the program. Brunch will be served between 10:30 – 11:00am daily.
- Remote work preparation (Turing, Upwork, Fiverr)
- Entrepreneurship training
- Responsive web design with HTML5 & CSS3
- Frontend Development with React: Hooks, Routing, Nextjs
- Backend Development with Node & Express, REST APIs, GraphQL & Apollo, ORM with Prisma, PostgreSQL/MongoDB
How to Apply / Register for Dr Alex Otti Tech Scholarship 2024
To apply for the Dr Alex Otti Tech Scholarship, just visit https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfP3EcOhTxsy-1Mk_6K6OJfQu1csePsL3CA__qtElTAkSypAw/viewform and fill in the form.
Note: ACCEPTANCE FEES APPLY FOR THOSE WHO SCALE THE INTERVIEWS