Gauteng of College Nursing Online Application for 2024/2025 has open for new intake who will meet the necessary requirements. visit GCON portal website www.gcon.ac.za to apply now.
The Gauteng College of Nursing is a public nursing college in the Gauteng Province and is registered by the South African Nursing Council (SANC).
The Gauteng College of Nursing application dates will be made know to all the prospective candidates who are interested to apply for GCON to study one of the Nursing programmes offered by the college.
This page aim to answer some of the questions candidates do ask whenever the Gauteng Nursing College application are Advertise. Some of the questions are:
Is Gauteng Nursing College Open for 2024 Applications?
Yes, the Gauteng College of Nursing application for the 2024 academic admission year has open. Candidates who are interested in starting their nursing education or upgrading their qualifications at Gauteng College of Nursing can join this year’s enrolment to pursue their professional nursing goals.
Courses offered in Gauteng of College Nursing and Admission Requirements
This is an attempt to help candidates seeking admission into Gauteng College of Nursing (GCON) to know the list of courses offered and admission requirements.
1) Diploma In Nursing
Applicants applying to Gauteng College of Nursing to read for a Diploma in Nursing must meet the below minimum admission requirements.
- English 4 SC: HG D or SG C
- Life Science 4 SC: HG D or SG C
- Mathematics 4 SC: HG D or SG C
- Mathematics Literacy 5
- And any other 3 subjects
Minimum APS should be 27 for (National Senior Certificate) and 17 for (Senior Certificate).
2) Advanced Diploma In Midwifery
Applicants who want to study for an Advanced Diploma in Midwifery at the Gauteng College of Nursing in their online application must meet these minimum admission requirements for the program.
- NQF Level 6
- Registration as a General Nurse at NQF Level 6 with the South African Nursing Council (SANC)
- Recognition of prior learning access and credit transfer is applicable as per the national and institutional policies
3) Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
Nurses who want to upgrade their qualifications with a postgraduate diploma programme will be considered a study space offer if they meet the minimum admission requirements.
- A National Senior Certificate or an equivalent certificate and any of the following
- Diploma in Nursing with Advanced Diploma in Midwifery (NQF Level 7)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (NQF Level 7/8)
Additional requirements include
- Proof of current registration with the South African Nursing Council (SANC)
- At least (2) years of experience after registration as a
- Professional Nurse or
- General Nurse and Midwife
- The 2 years include the year of community service
- 1 year experience in the specialized clinical nursing unit related to the specific programme or programme of interest.
For detailed information on all the courses, their framework, duration, qualification, fees, etc, refer to the “Gauteng College of Nursing Courses” in the link below this article.
Documents Needed for Gauteng of College Nursing
The following required documents must be met before you can apply for admission into Gauteng of College Nursing:
- Identity document
- Marriage certificate (if applicable)
- National Senior Certificate, no statement of results will be accepted.
- Applicants currently in Grade 12, must submit marks obtained at the end of Grade 11 together with their most recent Grade 12 marks.
- Qualified nurses will submit a certificate of registration (SANC) and, a SANC Annual Practicing certificate.
How to Apply for Gauteng of College Nursing
The Gauteng College of Nursing has two main application methods which prospective applicants can choose from. Applicants can choose to either apply online or use the hardcopy paper-based application form.
Interested candidates who wish to apply online visit the Gauteng college of nursing application portal:
- Log in to www.gcon.ac.za
- Click on the “apply online” tab
- Complete the online forms (provide all required documents)
- Click the submit button
- Waite for a response from GCON on your application status
- Follow the instructions after you’re offered admission space to GCON
ONLINE APPLICATION GUIDE
- GCON Intage is Advertised on the following platforms:
- GCON Website
- Major Newspapers
- The online application takes place
- Applications are short-listed
- Selected applicants undergo compulsory Psychometric Assessment
- Selected applicants undergo compulsory Medical Surveillance
- Verification of documents
- Selected applicants sign the Bursary Contract
- Students enrol for the academic year.
Also Applicants who wish to apply use the hardcopy paper-based application form should pick the hardcopy paper-based forms from any of the Gauteng College of Nursing campuses, complete them and submit them in person or by post.
List of six (6) Gauteng College of Nursing Campuses
Below is the list of the all the Gauteng College of Nursing campus. Applicants doing the Gauteng College of Nursing online application can apply to these campuses.
- SG Laurens Campus
- Ann Latsky Campus
- Bonalesedi Campus
- Ga-Rankuwa Campus
- Rahima Moosa Campus
- Chris Hani Baragwanath Campus
GENERAL NOTES FOR GCON ONLINE APPLICATION
All prospective applicants doing the online application for Gauteng College of Nursing are encouraged to take note of these application instructions.
1. Applications are advertised on the GCON website and in newspapers
2. Applicants are encouraged to apply online.
3. One application per applicant is allowed. This means applicants don’t need to submit multiple applications because GCON will not process any additional applications.
4. Applicants are to choose the programme they want to study in their application. One applicant is to select one nursing course they want to get admission to at the Gauteng College of Nursing.
5. Complete the application form before submission. Applicants are advised to complete the application form in full before they submit it.
This implies all spaces on the forms are to be filled with the correct and accurate information before applicants submit the forms for processing.
Also, incomplete GCON online application forms will be rejected outright and admission to the applicant denied.
6. Attach all required documents to prove accuracy and background checks. With this, all documents required to validate your eligibility for the applicant’s chosen nursing programme must be provided in the application.
Failure to provide the attachments will result in denying the applicant admission at the Gauteng College of Nursing.
7. Gauteng College of Nursing online application fee is not refundable. Applicants are to understand that GCON application fees are non-refundable whether they are given admission or not.
8. No late application. The Gauteng College of Nursing does not accept late applications. Therefore, applicants are to submit their applications as early as possible when applications are opened.
The Gauteng College of Nursing online application deadline has not been specified by the school. However, you should endeavour to register at the portal on time and submit it on time.