South Africa Nursing Learnerships Online Application 2024/2025 for new intake has open. See information on Government Nursing Learnerships Portal, requirements, eligibility and how to apply for Nursing Learnerships via website.
Are you a student and interested in applying for Nursing Learnerships Programme in South Africa 2024/2025? if yes, In this article, you will learn how to submit your application for Nursing Learnerships 2024 successfully.
What is a Nursing Learnerships Programme?
A Learnership is a work-based learning programme. This means that classroom studies at a college or training center are combined with practical on-the-job experience. We learn much better when we can practice what we have been taught in the classroom in a workplace environment.
By physically performing tasks that are learned in the classroom at the workplace, we can see what we have learned and what we did not understand. This allows us to ask the trainer to explain that part of the lesson again until we fully understand it.
Learnerships form part of a nationally recognized qualification that is directly linked to an occupation. This means that what you learn on leadership is not just for the particular job that you can get once you have finished the leadership; it also forms part of a higher qualification that you can study further through other Learnership or short courses.
Each leadership has a specific level of qualification. An artisan like a bricklayer or a beautician, for instance, is a Level 4 Qualification. This means that if you want to become an artisan you will have to complete 4 four separate leadership (levels 1, 2, 3 & 4). There is no set time-frame in which you have to do these, as each level qualification remains in the system and will count towards the full qualification.
Who Qualifies For a Nursing Learnership Programme?
Learnerships are designed for all levels and as such is open to anyone between the ages of 16 and 60. This includes the unemployed and the employed, the able-bodied and the disabled.
How Can you Benefit from Nursing Learnership?
- You get access to free learning and better job opportunities
- Can earn while you learn
- Learnerships can help you to get into the workplace and/or get a formal qualification
- Gets skilled, experienced workers who will need less supervision
- Gets improved productivity
- Can identify and solve gaps in skills and training
- Educates and empowers employees, creating a happy workforce
- Gets access to far more skilled and professional workers
- Can develop employees to world-class standards
- Becomes more competitive in the international market
A diploma in nursing will open multiple doors for candidates who successfully completed their Nursing Learnership. There is a range of career paths to follow once you have completed your Nursing Learnerships. Some of these include: Midwifery, General Nursing, Community Care, Theater Nursing or Psychiatric fields.
There are numerous companies offering Nursing Learnerships to deserving candidates. Some of these companies are as follow:-
- North West Department of Health Nursing Learnerships
- Polokwane Department Of Health Nursing Learnerships
- Kwa Zulu Natal Department of Health Nursing Learnerships
- Netcare Nursing Learnerships
- Medi Clinic Nursing Learnerships
- Mediclinic Nursing Learnerships In South Africa
- Paying Nursing Learnership At KwaZulu/Natal
- Department of Health Nursing Learnerships
- GP Dept Of Health Nursing Learnership Programme
- Durban Nursing Learnership
- Baragwanath Hospital Nursing Learnerships
How Long Does a Nursing Learnership Last?
Learnerships duration varies depending on the subject, but also the qualification. A Nursing Learnership usually lasts from 2 years to 4 years, which includes about 2000 hrs of clinical practice. The second year of study will focus primarily on scientific topics, however, these are also vital to the basics of nursing.
Will the Learner be Paid for a Learnership?
Will the learner be paid? There is a specified minimum learner allowance that must be paid to unemployed learners in a learnership. This is not a salary but covers expenses like travel and meals. Note: The amount paid as a learner allowance depends on the SETA, type of learnership and the level of qualification.
Requirements for Nursing Learnership
Candidates between the ages of 18 and 35, who is unemployed, are urged to apply if this is their field of interest. Candidates must include a detailed curriculum vitae with contact details, contactable references as well as any information that may be pertinent. Please also include certified copies of all relevant certificates, ID, and proof of address no older than three months.
Most candidates will also be required to have the following:-
- Life Sciences
- Be self-motivated and a team player
- Flexibility with a commitment to learning, but moreover willingness to work
Nursing Learnerships Application
Learnerships are made available during the year on a variety of websites. It is however highly recommended, to get into contact with your local health office, as they may have a leadership opening for you.
All documentation you submit will be verified to ensure authenticity, this is due to a large number of applications. Only candidates who are successful will be notified. Most Institutes prefer hand-delivered applications or online applications, therefore, any application sent via registered mail will not be accepted.